Recently, Phoebe the chicken was rushed into our clinic after her owner found her in the mouth of a fox. Phoebe was lucky to escape, bust sadly her sister Lily was killed. Phoebe presented to the clinic in a critical condition, lethargic, non-responsive and with large lacerations all over her body. Dr Stacey recommended we rush Phoebe straight into theatre to clean out all her wounds and stich them up, a highly risky procedure and something we do not carry out often on chickens. Phoebe is clucking away after recovering from her surgery and is feeling a whole lot better.
Submitted by ybarker on Wed, 16/11/2016 - 12:28